Pages

I've made the move to Wordpress.

You will be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, please click here:

Thank you.


Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today's Image: "Soldier"

Welcome once again to Impacted Images. Today's overview features my new image "Soldier."

This is the unprocessed image straight from the camera:


For this picture, I shot with the Canon Powershot A630 at 3.2 sec at f-6.3. I used ISO 100 for as less noise possible.

In Photoshop, I first added Tonal Contrast with the Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 filter. This added as much contrast as possible and revealed every detail in the image without degrading image quality.

Next, I used Alien Skin Exposure 3 and added Color Film - Fuji FP-100C (too long in the pod.) I added this filter for more saturation and more strong colors. This layer was especially important to the final print. I next applied Exposure 3's Black and White - Kodak Tri-X 400 (pushed 1 stop.) I lowered the opacity to 80% for a nice, desaturated look.



Finally, I used Photoshop's Curves adjustment layer to increase contrast and blacks.

This is the final image:

"Soldier"
Thank you very much for reading this post. I will update this blog with more image overviews everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment