Pages

I've made the move to Wordpress.

You will be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, please click here:

Thank you.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today's Image: "Fingers on the edge"

Good afternoon and welcome to Impacted Images. In today's post I will show you how I created the image "Fingers on the edge."

This is the raw image without any adjustments made.



This picture was shot with the Canon 7D and 18-270mm lens zoomed in to 50mm. I set the ISO to 160 for low noise and used 1/160th shutter speed. I also used f-9.0 to get better depth of field and sharpness.

Auto White Balance was used instead of Flash white balance since I did not need much warmth for this shot.

To the subject's left (camera right) I set up a Speedlite 580EX II with a Westcott micro softbox which was triggered wirelessly. The flash was set at 1/64th power and zoom was set for 50mm.

First I used Adobe Camera Raw to touch up the image before heading into Photoshop. In Camera Raw I adjusted the Contrast, Exposure and Clarity. After this, I opened Photoshop and started by cropping the image. Then I painted black on a separate layer just above and to the I  sides of the fingers. I did this to remove any unwanted elements from the scene.

Next I used the High Pass filter and set the blend mode to Soft Light. This was for the high-contrast, detailed part of the image.




I then applied a Color film from Alien Skin Exposure 3. I chose Fuji Reala for its high saturated colors.
Finally I painted a small shadow in the lower part of the image to focus attention on the subject.

Here is the final image:


                                                            "Fingers on the edge"

Thank you very much for reading. I will post continue to post more image overviews here on Impacted Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment