Pages

I've made the move to Wordpress.

You will be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, please click here:

Thank you.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today's Image: "Flag at Halfstaff"

Welcome back to Impacted Images. Today I will show you another one of my images and what it took to get the final result.




This image was shot with a Canon Powershot A630 using 1/1000th shutter speed with f-4.5. I used ISO 100 for minimum noise. I took this photo at a high shutter speed since it was a very bright day.
As you can see, the picture is just a snapshot, has no contrast and is not very impacting.

First I used the Alien Skin Exposure 3 plug-in and chose Black and White Film. I selected the Agfa APX 25 to begin with since it did not have much noise. I then used the Contrast Color Range from the Nik Color Efex 3.0 plug-in. This added more contrast without blowing out the highlights. I also used Nik Silver Efex Pro and added the Holga filter. The Holga filter darkened the street and the shadows.

Next I added the Daguerreotype - Sepia effect using Exposure 3. I wanted a touch of sepia in the final image. Then I used the Distortion - Small Lumps to add vignette to the portrait.



Finally I added a Photo Filter using light orange at a density of 40%. This gave the final sepia tones.

Here is the final image:

                                                                     "Flag at Halfstaff"

Thank you once again for visiting Impacted Images. I will continue to post more overviews on my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment