Pages

I've made the move to Wordpress.

You will be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, please click here:

Thank you.


Monday, September 19, 2011

Introduction and Today's Image: "Leaves with Kodachrome"


Welcome to "Impacted Images." In this blog I will detail everything it takes to get final results, from capture to post production and final image.





This is the original RAW image straight from the camera. It was taken with a Canon 7D and a 18-270mm lens. I shot it at f-9.0 for depth of field at 1/30th shutter speed and ISO 125 to keep the grain low. I also used the Vibration Compensation on the lens to eliminate shake and set the white balance to Auto White Balance.


As you can see, the original image is flat, lacks details, lacks color and it could use some contrast.




To fix this photo, I started by using Camera Raw to touch up the image a bit: exposure, straighten it up, and some clarity. I then opened it in Photoshop CS5 and used Alien Skin Exposure 3's Color Films to create the "Kodachrome" effect. I chose the Kodachrome Skin Tone (Brown) preset for its vintage, warm tones. I modified this preset by adding contrast, vignette and exposure inside Exposure 3

Next I used Photoshop's Vibrance filter to make a more vibrant image. I also applied Photo Filter with the Warming Filter 81 preset.

I finally added a touch of contrast with the Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer for the final image you see below:


"Leaves with Kodachrome"


Thank you for reading this post. I will continue to update this blog with more detailed overviews on my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment